For up to date publications, please click here
1. Paoli AR, Gold HT, Mahure SA, Mai DH, Agten CA, Rokito AS, Virk MS. Treatment for Symptomatic SLAP Tears in Middle- Aged Patients Comparing Repair, Biceps Tenodesis, and Nonoperative Approaches: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. Arthroscopy. 2018 Apr 10.
2. Liu JX, Bravo D, Buza J, Kirsch T, Kennedy O, Rokito A, Zuckerman JD, Virk MS. Topical vancomycin and its effect on survival and migration of osteoblasts, fibroblasts, and myoblasts: An in vitro study. J Orthop. 2018 Jan 30;15(1):53-58.
3. Gyftopoulos S, Abballe V, Virk MS, Koo J, Gold HT, Subhas N. Comparison Between Image-Guided and Landmark-Based Glenohumeral Joint Injections for the Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis: A Cost-Effectiveness Study. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018 Jun;210(6):1279-1287.
4. Gyftopoulos S, Guja KE, Subhas N, Virk MS, Gold HT. Cost-effectiveness of magnetic resonance imaging versus ultrasound for the detection of symptomatic full-thickness supraspinatus tendon tears. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2017 Sep 8.
5. Paoli AR, Pickell M, Mahure SA, McAllister D, Mai DH, Alaia MJ, Virk MS, Campbell KA. Trends and Risk Factors for 1-Year Revision of the Latarjet Procedure: The New York State Experience During the Past Decade. Orthopedics. 2018 May 1;41(3)
6. Mandeep S. Virk, David Levy, Benjmin Kuhns, James S. Kercher, Billy K. Parsley, Stephen S. Burkhart, Anthony A. Romeo, Nikhil N. Verma, Brian J. Cole. Patient Preference Before and After Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair: Which Is More Important, Pain Relief or Strength Return? Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2017 Jul/Aug;46(4):E244-E250.
7. Liu JX, Werner JA, Buza JA 3rd, Kirsch T, Zuckerman JD, Virk MS. Povidone-iodine Solutions Inhibit Cell Migration and Survival of Osteoblasts, Fibroblasts, and Myoblasts. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2017 Apr 12.
8. Virk MS, Lederman E, Stevens C, Romeo AA. Coracoid bypass procedure: surgical technique for coracoclavicular reconstruction with coracoid insufficiency. Journal Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016 Dec 15.
9. Virk MS, Bruce B, Hussey KE, Thomas JM, Luthringer TA, Shewman EF, Wang VM, Verma NN, Romeo AA, Cole BJ. Biomechanical Performance of Medial Row Suture Placement Relative to the Musculotendinous Junction in Transosseous Equivalent Suture Bridge Double-Row Rotator Cuff Repair. Arthroscopy. 2016 Aug 25.
10. Virk MS, Manzo RL, Cote M, Ware JK, Mazzocca AD, Nissen CW, Shea KP, Arciero RA. Comparison of time to recurrence of instability after open and arthroscopic Bankart repair techniques Orthop J Sports Med. 2016 Jun 23;4(6)
11. Virk MS, Apostolakos J, Cote MP, Baker B, Beitzel K, Mazzocca AD. Operative and Nonoperative Treatment of Acromioclavicular Dislocation: A Critical Analysis Review. JBJS Rev. 2015 Oct 27;3(10).
12. Alaee F, Bartholomae C, Sugiyama O, Virk MS, Drissi H, Wu Q, Schmidt M, Lieberman JR. Biodistribution of LV-TSTA Transduced Rat Bone Marrow Cells Used for “Ex-vivo” Regional Gene Therapy for Bone Repair. Curr Gene Ther. 2015;15(5):481-491.
13. Alaee F, Virk MS, Tang H, Sugiyama O, Adams DJ, Stolina M, Dwyer D, Ominsky MS, Ke HZ, Lieberman JR. Evaluation of the effects of systemic treatment with a sclerostin-neutralizing antibody on bone repair in a rat femoral defect model. J Orthop Res. 2014 Feb;32(2):197-203.
14. Alaee F, Sugiyama O, Virk MS, Tang H, Drissi H, Lichtler AC, Lieberman JR. Suicide gene approach using a dual-expression lentiviral vector to enhance the safety of ex vivo gene therapy for bone repair. Gene Ther. 2014 Feb;21(2):139-47.
15. Virk MS, Alaee FA, Tang H, Ominsky MA, Lieberman JR. Systemic administration of sclerostin antibody enhances new bone formation in a rat critical sized femoral defect. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013 Apr 17;95(8):694-701 (Ludwig J. Pyrtek M.D Research Paper Distinction Award).
16. Virk MS, Sugiyama O, Park SH, Gambhir SS, Adams DJ, Drissi H, Lieberman JR. “Same day” ex-vivo regional gene therapy: a novel strategy to enhance bone repair. Mol Ther. 2011 May;19(5):960-8 (Cover page for Molecular Therapy; “EOA Ranawat Award”).
17. Feeney J, Jayaraman V, Luk S, Shapiro D, Virk M, Twohig M, Jacobs L. Retrospective review of the costs of routine pelvic X-rays in a trauma setting. Am Surg. 2011 Mar;77(3):337-41.
18. Alaee F, Sugiyama O, Virk MS, Tang Y, Wang B, Lieberman JR. In vitro evaluation of a double-stranded self-complementary adeno-associated virus type2 vector in bone marrow stromal cells for bone healing. Genet Vaccines Ther. 2011 Feb 27;9:4.
19. Virk MS, Alaee F, Petrigliano FA, Sugiyama O, Stout D, Chatziioannaou A, Dougall WC, Lieberman JR. Combined inhibition of the BMP pathway and the RANK-RANKL axis in a mixed lytic/blastic prostate cancer lesion. Bone 2010 Mar 1;48(3):578-87.
20. Petrigliano FA, Virk MS, Liu N, Sugiyama O, Yu D, Lieberman JR. Targeting of prostate cancer cells by a cytotoxic lentiviral vector containing a prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) promoter. Prostate. 2009 Sep 15;69(13):1422-34.
21. Sen R, Tripathy SK, Virk MS, Aggarwal S, Saini R, Agarwal A. Traumatic separation of capital femoral epiphysis in children: what has changed since Ratliff’s era? Report of five cases and review of literature. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. 20 (1),29-35,2009.
22. Cuomo AV, Virk M, Petrigliano F, Morgan EF, Lieberman JR. Mesenchymal stem cell concentration and bone repair: potential pitfalls from bench to bedside. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009 May;91(5):1073-83.
23. Virk MS, Petrigliano FA, Liu NQ, Kang CO, Stout D, Chatziioannaou A, Dougall WC, Lieberman JR. The influence of simultaneous targeting of BMP pathway and RANK-RANKL axis in a pure osteolytic prostate cancer metastasis. Bone. 2009 Jan;44(1):160-7.
24. Miyazaki M, Sugiyama O, Zou J, Yoon SH, Morishita Y, Sintuu, Virk MS, Lieberman JR, Wang JC. Comparison of lentiviral and adenoviral gene therapy for spinal fusion in rats. Spine. 2008 Jun 1;33(13):1410-7.
25. Virk MS, Conduah A, Liu NQ, Sugiyama O, Park SH, Cuomo A, Kang C, Lieberman JR. Influence of short-term adenoviral vector and prolonged lentiviral vector mediated bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression on the quality of bone repair in a rat femoral defect model. Bone. 2008 May;42(5):921-31.
26. Hsu WK, Virk MS, Jo M, Krenek L, Feeley BT, Stout DB, Chatziioannou AR, Lieberman JR. The characterization of Osteloytic, Osteoblastic and Mixed Lesion in a Prostate Cancer mouse model with the use of 18 F-FDG and 18F-Flouride PET-CT scans. J Nucl Med. 2008 Mar;49(3):414-21.
27. Nonia Pariente, Kouki Morizono, Mandeep S. Virk, Frank Petrigliano, Robert E. Reiter, Jay R. Lieberman and Irvin S. Y. Chen. A novel dual targeted lentiviral vector leads to specific transduction of prostate cancer bone metastasis in vivo after systemic administration. Mol Ther. 2007 Nov;15(11): 1973-81.
28. Hsu WK, Sugiyama O, Park SH, Conduah A, Feeley BT, Liu NQ, Krenek L, Virk MS, An DS, Chen IS, Lieberman JR. Lentiviral-mediated BMP-2 gene transfer enhances healing of segmental femoral defects in rats. Bone, 2007 Apr; 40(4):931-8.
29. Mandeep S Dhillon, Prabudheva Prasad, Mandeep S. Virk, Sameer Aggarwal. Multicentric giant cell tumor involving the same foot – a case report and review of literature. IJO. April 2007, 41(2); 154-7.
30. Jain D, Kumar V, Vasishta RK, Virk MS, Dhillon MS. Gorham’s disease- A case report. IJO. Jan 2006, 40(1); 55-6.